Thursday, December 19, 2013

Peace

So there I was...snowshoeing through the forest yesterday morning following the tracks of a small herd of deer up a steep incline.  Halfway up the hill the melted indentations in the snow let me know that they bedded down here where they had protection from the wind and predators.  The quiet that the snow and location offered me was a reassuring reminder that in a world filled with all manners of stress inducing situations that are laid in our path, peace can still be found.  It's almost Christmas, celebrating the birth of Jesus.  The angels appeared to the shepherds in the fields to announce this birth and concluded with the words, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men."  Peace is important, first between us and God, then between us and others.  Sometimes, between me and myself.  I pray the peace of God will touch you this season and it might feel like snowshoeing through a quiet snow enveloped forest.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment