Thursday, April 17, 2014

Anniversary

So there I was...celebrating 32 years of marriage with my best friend last week.  As we reminisced over dinner that night I could still feel the fear, as if it were just yesterday, watching her father walk her down the isle with a shotgun in his hand.  We had little in common when we first met but over the years her dreams have become mine and mine hers.  In our early years together she soon realized that I could not get enough time "messing about in boats" and adventures would become a norm.  Many would have run the other way, or at least distance themselves from the insanity, but not Kim.  If it was important to me, it was important to her.  She was, and is, such a giver with enthusiasm to top it off.  She was right there with me rappelling down that hundred foot cliff in Missouri, motorcycling across Oklahoma in wicked thunderstorms, hiking to the top of Tuckerman's Ravine on Mt. Washington, NH in two feet of snow for our fifteenth anniversary, hoping out of a Jacuzzi in bathing suits to throw ourselves into a Colorado snowbank (just because) and so many boating experiences when we thought we might lose it all.  As I prepare for another adventure on Eventide this summer it is Kim going out of her way to make sure I have this opportunity.  There is no better wife, mother, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment