Sunday, August 27, 2017

ELVIS???

 So there I was...relaxing in the cockpit of Eventide on a quiet evening when I thought I heard Elvis.  I had spent the day making my way west on the Erie Canal, ending up for the evening tied to a wall in the town of Medina, NY.  Now, a bit confused at what I supposedly heard, I made my way one block from the water only to see an Elvis impersonator leading a long conga-line of about 25 swaying people as he sang "Viva Las Vegas".  You can't make this stuff up.  Unbeknownst to me, there was a huge vintage car and truck show going on that spanned much of Main Street, that had been closed off for the event, with Elvis providing the nights entertainment.  After a foot long hotdog from the local VFW booth and a bit of gawking at all the beautifully restored vehicles, I returned to the cockpit of Eventide to listen to all of the classic Elvis songs from a safe distance.  I'll be continuing west to complete the Erie Canal with my destination being Buffalo, NY on the shores of Lake Erie but this was a nice surprise on my journey.  All I can say is, "Thank you, Elvis.  Thank you very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment