Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This is a Sub-Blog

Though I'll be adding another blog in a couple days I thought it prudent to fill you in on a few facts.  For those of you who don't know,  my name is Wayne and I live on a 34 ft boat that is called Eventide.  I have sailed the New England waters for many years but have come to this wonderful place called "Early Retirement" which has allowed me to do this full time.  In the years that I have been boating I have had the pleasure/curse to fall into bizaar and sometimes entertaining or even heart wrenching  situations while on the water.  I created this blog to share these adventures with you.  The picture in the profile is a replica of a Wilson ball from the movie Castaway in which Tom Hanks, after creating the face with a cut and bloodied hand,  begins to talk to the ball and calls it Wilson.  My very good friend, Jasmine, gave me this to keep me company knowing I was going to be living alone on a boat.  Sadly, I do talk to Wilson...daily.   Now giving that I obviously need more human contact you can email me at crosswinds@hotmail.com if you have any questions or comments.  The sea is an amazing and demanding place to live and stories abound when you're out here.  Thanks for joining me. 
Wayne

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture...and you! I'm going to try your above mentioned email now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Wilson for me. :)
    ~ Ledbetter

    ReplyDelete