Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Great Harbor

So there I was...sitting in the cockpit of Eventide last night in the quietest of harbors on my way to Thousand Islands and Montreal.  The fish were jumping all around the boat as Kamikaze moths dove into the large citronella candle I had burning.  The outline of the shore was quickly fading with the last remnants of light and I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather be.  Earlier in the day I crossed the bay and tied the dingy at a dock a block away from this great out of the way bakery called the Fly By Night Cookie Company.  So much character to this place and the cookies (plural) were so good.  Chatting with the locals and a swim off the back of the boat was in order followed by dinner and aforementioned wildlife encounter.  Speaking of wildlife, I watched an eagle soaring near the anchorage today.  Sometimes it's difficult to leave when you find these gems but there are adventures waiting.  In the words of Captain Ron from the movie of the same title, "If it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there."  Time to pull anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment