Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bill

So there I was...enjoying a beautiful morning in Hamburg Cove having coffee with Bill on our boats that were tied together.  So there I was...spreading the ashes of a good friend from Bill's boat on an outgoing tide in Long Island Sound.  So there I was...scuba diving with Bill as we serviced our moorings that we owned near each other near Mystic, CT.  So there I was...laughing hysterically with friends as Bill did one of his many satirical impressions.  So there I was...etc.  I wasn't with Bill as he was hit head on by another car that will possibly alter the rest of his life.  This has been heavy on my mind this past week.  Bill is a survivor and I know he won't quit but it's what he's already done that inspires me most.  He has lived a full and exciting life with many friendships forged and stories to tell.  He has not shied away from change or the unknown and has shown himself to be giving and multi-talented.  Had he put off living the adventure for somewhere in the future and then had this happen to him, that would have been sad indeed.   Tomorrow has never been promised to us and the quality of a life will always trump quantity.  Let's take stock of what God has given us today and never let fear or procrastination rob us of having the adventure of a lifetime.  Things may have changed for Bill, but trust me, his adventure is not over.  He's wired that way.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read this news Waynester. Keeping Bill and his family in my prayers..oh you and Kim too :)

    ReplyDelete