Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sodus Bay

So there I was...cruising across Lake Ontario yesterday on my way to Sodus Bay, NY.  The winds were coming out of Northeast Canada creating a wave pattern that bumped and twisted Eventide beyond uncomfortable.  Pair that with how tired I was from getting boat and house together for my departure and low and behold, I got sea sick.  Nothing worse than knowing you have hours of travel time left and you're the only one to run the boat when this dreaded infirmity jumps on your innards.  Using every known remedy that I've collected over years of playing this game, I barely made it to Sodus Bay without succumbing.  Once here, I anchored in a quiet harbor and all was right with the world and my stomach.  Sitting in the cockpit watching the sun go down I wondered if this scenario wasn't an analogy for life.  As bad as it sometimes gets and as long as the suffering sometimes lasts there is a quiet beautiful anchorage waiting that will make the journey worth all the trouble.  He promised.

1 comment: